Saturday, April 9, 2005

untitled

The ladybugs are attacking. They are gross. They aren’t even real ladybugs. You all should know this…I am not going into detail. I just blew one of the computer mouse. You’re right I probably should have gotten up and smooched it into a Kleenex than washed my hands and returned to the keyboard, but I only used lung effort brought to the control point, my mouth- to get the tiny creature and his stinky self far away from my sight… the other day when I went running, I wanted to go through this field. Not even 30ft on the bumpy terrain, alongside left-over corn stalks and my nose identified the scent. Pretend ladybugs-- I could smell them-- this nose does not lie. Gross. So I turned around and continued the jaunt on the road. Now they are next to me and Im not very appreciative.______________

My parents went on a date this evening. Its good. Its cute. They kind of remind me of teenagers.________

Emma and dad actually just left to go and look at a car for her. It sounds like a great deal, and what she is able to afford for this time. She is still pretty stiff from over the weekend, but is defiantly returning to her “normal self;” quick sharp wit included._______________

Shandi and I got pedicures done. Pretty toes. (My feet are way ticklish though and the little lady who got really close to them-- threatened that I would have to stop moving them or they wouldn't get painted. Oh dear. I held my leg down. It was ridiculous- and Shandi laugh at me. ((Oh and this amazing person knows cool little shops. She took me to this great place. Your eyes kind of hurt when you get out, because of all the stuff you want to peer at... Well, of course I forgot what it was called. I can totally discribe the atmosphere, and if you really want to know after my ravings- that could most definatly continue, ask me later. I might remember, or I might look into getting the answer to you. You will want to go.))______________________
501 E. 36th St., so long. So long, late nights of cheap drinks from cub and mindless chatter. So long, smirking neighbors with heavy accents. So long, free white hot coca with mint- I liked you. So long, tin man-- your face and dream will not be forgotten. So long, bridge-- my fingers yearned for the moments when I could pace you, and they could run themselves through your fencing until they were numb. So long, familiar faces at the library. So long, ice cream truck-- drive slower, you didn’t give us time to collect our quarters. So long, Beau and wife and baby. So long, Picasso. So long, Bartholomew. So long, little boys with dirty feet who would play on the clothesline. So long, Mary-- I treasure McDonalds ice cream and gay doctors’ houses because of you. So long, Purity building-- you know I wanted you, you with the blue lights beckoning every night out those huge windows. So long. The lease is up. I am no longer paying that commitment. I didn’t write out my check reluctantly month by month for the past bit-- no, because I would venture up and give and receive hugs and usually encounter the above list plus the beautiful faces of those two women who I was lucky enough to room with for a period, and it was still considered home to me. Another home. But now I just say bye, because: soon I will be asked to turn over my key. The wooden floors in apartment 2 will be walked upon, sat upon, danced upon, and lounged upon by another. ((just have to go and find Malachi (thee best glass head in the whole wide world) and the white paint and a few random books I left for storage, the rest of the stuff I'll bring back later ))______________

Hearing. Attempting to listen well. And determining what individuals are truly speaking. These are strung-together words that have really got to me lately. *I do not wish to treat friendships daintily, but with roughest courage. When they are real, they are not glass threads or frostworks, but the solidest things we know. R.W.E. *The chief enemy of creativity is good taste. P.P. *I haven’t done this life thing before. S.O. *Where the hell are the light bulbs? G.M.______________

That’s all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment