Tuesday, December 14, 2004

hard-to-fold fabric

today i noticed that i couldn't "do" this life on my own. i am a christian. i profess to be a lover of jesus. even so, i know how to keep my mouth tightly shut when opposition may be present, and i understand that i have mastered the art of 'subtle complaining.' so... background: i have been working basically 12 and 14 hour days for the last couple weeks (to get some loans paid-off quickly and to get myself back to the point where $ doesn't matter___ while i owe persons it does matter. i work at a discount store and a nursing home.)
eailer this afternoon i found myself staring at this patterned peice of material. the colors and shapes enabled my eyes to begin to stare quite easily. i would measure somewhat approriatly and continue to crease the fabric where it best seemed fit. several yards into this folding process, god began to speak truth into my life. i could proceed to measure and 'perfect' my life in the way that seemed fit or i could remember that he is god and i could surrended my dirty hands agian. i could very well 'lean on my understanding,' or i could obey his holy prompting (that more often times than not don't fall into my defination of what "holy" should look like) and learn more than 'a comfortable number of times' what it looks like and feels like and tastes like to trust his understanding. (proverb 3)
who's folding your fabric?


No comments:

Post a Comment